Will Coronavirus (COVID-19) affect your business?
Each day communities around the world learn more about the impact and effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19.) We understand during these unpredictable times it is important to keep your employees safe while trying to balance business operations. The eTech Team is here to assist by providing solutions that will support your operation and minimize the impact on your business. Here are some things to consider moving forward.
Information regarding the Coronavirus is spreading rapidly throughout the world. Be aware of untrustworthy messages or misinformation and criminals who want to take advantage of growing concerns. Be sure to follow reliable and credible resources for the latest information regarding the outbreak such as;
- The World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Local health guidance officials
Remain aware of criminals that may use growing concerns about the Coronavirus to spread their own infections. Since the outbreak has been released, the social engineers of the Dark Web have been busy initiating a rise in malicious emails that mention the virus. E-mails appear to come from colleagues or public institutions. According to The Wall Street Journal, this rise is a result of criminals attempting to release Malware into your system. Remember;
- When checking emails do not open items if you are unfamiliar with where they have originated.
- Check the sender's address.
- Do not click on unknown links.
Prepare Your Employees
If you haven't done so already, take a moment to review work strategies, policies, and procedures that will assist in determining a course of action to help protect employees from exposure while at work. Have a plan of action in place for your employees whether they are on-site or at a remote location.
- Provide washing facilities kept with plenty of soap and paper towels.
- Display on-site signs regarding standard recommendations to prevent the spread of infection including;
- How to practice hand hygiene often by thoroughly washing hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep a tissue handy. When coughing or sneezing use a tissue and be sure to throw it away. Immediately follow-up by cleaning your hands. If you do not have access to a tissue cover your mouth and nose with the bend of your elbow or hands but be sure to clean your hands right away.
- Limit handshakes when meeting with others.
- Practice routine cleaning by disinfecting common areas and providing alcohol-based hand sanitizers or sanitizing wipes.
- Implement "Gym Rules:" Wipe down items that are shared such as keyboards, handsets, computer mouse and other commonly used equipment with disinfecting wipes.
- If symptoms are experienced, try to avoid close contact with others and quickly seek medical attention.
Prepare Your Business
Let us know if you would like to consider flexible working arrangements such as work from home or remote location options and find out how we may be able to help you sustain your operations. Contact the eTech Team today to see what we can do to help answer any questions you may have. In the meantime:
- Place hand sanitizer in lobby areas or commonly used rooms and the reception desk.
- Wipe surfaces including keyboards, mice, phones, doorknobs, or anything you routinely touch with your hands with disinfected wipes before AND after each use. Especially as you begin and end your day.
- When dealing with customers, encourage electronic or contactless payment whenever possible as a safer option.
We want you to know eTrepid is here to provide options as we work together to navigate through this period of uncertainty. We will continue to keep you and your employees informed, as well as provide you with options so your business will not be hindered as information regarding implications from the Coronavirus is released. While the eTech Team is working to provide you with the latest developments and recommendations, please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have by calling (301) 259-3332 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Be assured we are ready and prepared to provide services, working with our partners to ensure continuity of operations.